The side effects of anesthesia may last up to 24 hours. Please take proper precautions and have a caregiver available.
Your First 24 Hours at Home:
- DO have a responsible adult stay with you all day and all night.
- DO rest and take naps if you are sleepy.
- DO NOT drive a car or operate machinery of any kind, including household appliances.
- DO NOT do anything that requires balance, judgment, or coordination.
- DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages.
- DO NOT make important decisions or sign legal documents.
Unless instructed otherwise by your doctor, you may resume your normal diet. We recommend lighter, non-greasy or spicy foods to prevent nausea.
Contact your surgeon if you experience any of the following:
- Unexpected pain
- If unable to empty your bladder within 6 hours from your discharge time. (if applicable)
- Temperature more than 100.5°F or rash.
If you are unable to contact your doctor, go to the nearest Emergency Room.